As You Sow, one of our partners in the Smokefree Movies project, is releasing a new report, Smoke & Mirrors: Healthcare company retirement plans are addicted to tobacco, on Wednesday Wed, October 28 at 2 pm ET / 11 am PT.
The report uncovers the surprising fact that tobacco (and media companies that promote tobacco) is embedded in the retirement plans of many healthcare companies, including United Healthcare, CVSHealth, Pfizer, Abbott Labs, Johnson & Johnson, and Tenet Healthcare.
They will also demonstrate Tobacco Free Funds, a free online tool that exposes mutual fund investments in tobacco.
The presenters are:
- David Shugar, report author
- Phillip Gardiner, Dr. P.H., Co-Chair, African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council
- Cathy Rowan, Director, Socially Responsible Investments, Trinity Health
- Jono Polansky, Advisor, UCSF Smokefree Movies
- Dr. Bronwyn King, Founder, CEO, Director, Tobacco Free Portfolios
To find out if you have tobacco companies and tobacco-contaminated media giants in your personal or group investments pre-register now!