As in past years, the symposium is archived and available to watch for free here.
This is the program:
Keynote Panel: 20 Years of the Industry Documents: Past, Present and Future:
- Stanton A. Glantz, PhD, Professor of Medicine (Retired)
- Micah Berman, JD, Associate Professor of Public Health and Law, Ohio State University’s College of Public Health and Michael E. Moritz College of Law
- Kate Tasker, MLIS, UCSF Industry Documents Library Managing Archivist
- Valerie Yerger, ND, Professor, UCSF Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences*
- Moderator: Dr. Cheryl Healton, Professor of Professor of Public Health Policy and Management and Founding Dean, NYU School of Global Public Health
Presentations by Faculty and Postdoctoral Scholars:
- “Unequal risk for tobacco-related stroke in Black adults,” Jelena Mustra Rakic, PhD, Postdoctoral Scholar, UCSF Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education
- “Industry Influence Over Scientific Information on Breast Cancer: Exploring the UCSF Industry Documents Library,” Cristin Kearns, DDS, MBA, Assistant Professor, UCSF Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences
- “Tobacco Cessation in Substance Use Treatment: Research & Policy Efforts to Reduce Tobacco-Related Health Inequity,” Caravella McCuistian, PhD, Clinical Psychologist and Assistant Professor, UCSF Department of Psychiatry
- “Tobacco Industry documents: how looking through the keyhole contributed to tobacco control in Brazil,” Andre Luiz Oliveira da Silva, PhD, Postdoctoral Scholar, UCSF Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education
Closing Remarks, Chris Shaffer, MS, UCSF Assistant Vice Chancellor and University Librarian
The last several years’ symposia are available for viewing here.